Saturday 13 July 2013

RPG Video Games as a couple activity (Final Fantasy XII)

I am currently doing something, I would have never thought I would enjoy. Watching "someone else" play a video game.
First off, you may have noticed, I love video games. Now I have less time to play them but nonetheless, I love playing them. Especially role-playing games of all kinds... but it's usually me who does the video gaming.

I am currently watching my wife play Final Fantasy XII... and it's a lot of fun. I would have never thought it. It became an activity together. I always wanted to make her understand why I like playing PlayStation or PC games, so I suggested that she played a game I don't know yet and I'd watch. I never thought she'd go for it and here we are 5 hours into the game in the Nalbina Dungeons with Vaan, Balthier and Fran.

I am mostly amazed by the fact that she has problems that I never even considered problems. Orientation and the use of the various kinds of maps is one such category. She can wander aimlessly in certain areas for hours not finding the target of her troubles. Killing the Rogue Tomato was an undertaking that had me in stitches, because the thing always run away and when she followed, she got lost :D

All in all it's a hilarious activity with me having an advisory position on my wife's "Final Fantasy staff".

Let's hope, we'll manage to beat the game before a more, long-lasting fun activity tickles our fancy...


No comments:

Post a Comment