Thursday 2 February 2012

WYSIWYG: A new start with wxFormBuilder

Warning, this is just a short update...

I have been absent for a while and I apologise, real life is keeping me rather busy, I must admit. Regarding things relevant to this blog, I have been busy transferring my GUI design to a new WYSIWG editor in order to have results that are more like what I was hoping to achieve. I used XRCed or wxGlade before, but I have not been content with them. The project XRCed has been inactive since a long time, so it was time to move on and something about wxGlade I just don't like. It is, in my opinion, a bit unwieldy and I find myself trying to incorporate widgets that aren't available in it.

As a consequence, I have been looking for an alternative, which came in the form of wxFormBuilder. It looks like a nice project and the design borrows heavily from Microsoft's Visual Express, which is not always a bad thing. As such, I have been busy, unlearning some of the things, I got used to and gotten to grips with peculiarities of the other. So far, very pleased with it. Unfortunately, there isn't a particularly good tutorial out there, which means, I will ned a little longer. At the off-chance, I may be able to write one once I have become more proficient with it.

Anyhow, so long, folks and thanks for all the fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment